Monday, March 9, 2015

2 Dinners, 4 Dresses, and 1 Romper!

Hey guys!  Hope everyone is having a great Monday!  I have one kiddo at school, and 2 asleep...woohoo!  SO I thought I would share 2 recipes that I tried out last week that were Amaze, and some super cute summer gear I'm eyeing!!

I have said before that I love my friend Amy's blog, her recipes are all so good, and paleo, I haven't found one that I don't like!  I decided on the Smokey Southwest Chili....it was the bomb!!  Everyone loved it except for my middle child, and he never likes anything!!  He is my picky guy and I have to bribe him to eat, yes I'm admitting to bribing my child!  Anyways...this is a different spin on typical chili, try it out!!  http://denimanddots.com/2012/03/21/thick-smokey-southwest-chili/.  Enjoy!
 

 
 

 

 

 
 


 Last night I had no clue what I wanted to make for dinner, I had some thawed grass fed ground beef, and some peppers, so I googled healthy stuffed peppers and read a few recipes, and just kinda did my own thing from there!  SO here's what I did:

Boil a big pot of water and put your peppers in the boiling water for 1 minute, and then run under cold water.  I halved my peppers and I also had some little ones that I diced.  Have the oven set to 350.

For the stuffing:

put olive oil in skillet, and some minced garlic(I would have loved to do onions as well, but my guys don't like them:)), add your ground beef and cook through.  Meanwhile I made quinoa and followed instructions for that.  I then took the beef and added about 2 cups quinoa, or just add to whatever consistency that you like....then I did 1 cup of tomato sauce, and about a cup of mozzarella.  I seasoned with salt and pepper and parsley.  Mix and then fill peppers, top each pepper with 1Tb. of tomato sauce, and a little cheese.  I took my remaining mixture and mixed with my small peppers and made a casserole.  I put everything in the over for 30 minutes, and it came out bubbly and delicious!  Everyone loved this, again I had to bribe my 4 year old, but he did like it when he tried it!  My other two had seconds!  Super easy, win!!

Ok so most of you know that I earned a trip to Cancun with my Beachbody business...So I have been scoping out some things that I want to wear for my man!  If you know me, you know that I love dresses, so here are some of my faves!!




These you can find these on www.shopriffraff.com.  Love them all!!  I love buying pieces that can be worn casual or dressy, and that you can mix and match with different things!  SO fun!!  Here's the romper that I am in love with!

www.modernvintage.com, another one of my favorite online boutiques:)
 
I would love to wear this to the beach!!  These are all great motivators to finish my insanity max 30, our group that we are doing it with is starting week 6!  Wish us luck!  Have a great week and thanks for stopping by!!
 

2 comments:

  1. If you get that insanely cute romper, can I borrow it for my Hawaii trip? :-) Love you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! With all the Spring styles coming out, I found some cute rompers and dresses at Target.

    ReplyDelete