Wednesday, February 18, 2015

My fitness journey with beachbody....and those healthy tacos!!

Hello everyone!  Hope you all are having a great week.  I wanted to tell you today about my fitness journey, so here we go!

I was always in sports and active in school.  I never knew anything about the nutrition side of things and ate whatever I wanted.  Before I had our first son Kobe, I definitely had the college weight.....oh wait I wasn't in college....so it was more of....I drank, and ate a lot weight:)  Needless to say I was not in the best shape.  So along came Kobe...best thing to ever happen to me!  Straightened my butt right up, and I needed it!  I gained 40 pounds with him!  I was shocked I could gain that much.  Jake and I got engaged when Kobe was about 5 months old, we planned a wedding, and I had 6 months to get wedding ready!  This is where I wish Beachbody would have come into my life....but I did workout...never had the nutrition side...never shakeology(which is my superfood, healthiest meal of the day, I love it and believe in it.  You can go to www.myshakeology.com/jodesred and check it out ),  and never had my accountability groups!  So while I was in decent shape for my wedding, it wasn't where I wanted to be, and I truly didn't feel comfortable in my own skin, my stomach always hurt because I ate like crap.  Fast forward to Konner(my little cutie boy)...I only gained 30 pounds(but I had never lost that last 10), when he was about a year old and I felt like I could put him in the daycare at the gym, I joined, and I got a trainer....he was the best!  I started working out with my husband, and then my girlfriends joined me...I got in really great shape and started to research paleo.  I started cooking that way, and I loved the way that I felt.  When I got pregnant with Kollin(why did I do their names so alike agh!!:)), I had to stop working out at about 12 weeks for medical reasons...that was really hard, I gained 60 pounds and honestly it was a miserable pregnancy...I was so big and so uncomfortable.  I remember when I went in to have him, the nurse read my weight...197....I then told her if she told my husband I would kill her!  The anesthesiologist came in and then announced to the room my weight...the nurse whispered her apologies.....I was so embarrassed!  I felt so much better when that sweet little man was out, and I knew when I was able to get back in shape, I was going full force.  We have our last baby and now its time to get as fit as possible, this was my mission!

I started a 10 day challenge when Kollin was about 8 weeks old.  I drank this crazy drink called shakeology, followed a meal plan, and did at home workouts.  I worked on drinking more water, sleeping(as much as I could with a newborn), and just slowly started back.  I lost 8 pounds in 10 days, but more importantly, I felt so so good, and I knew that I wanted to be a coach.  I wanted to have that constant accountability in my life forever, and I loved the products and wanted a discount, and I wanted to share what was working for me with all the other moms that I knew were struggling to lose the baby weight.  I signed up with T-25...We had a group for 10 weeks, I also began training with my beautiful friend Tierney Jeffers and I lost all of my baby weight. I loved having that time for me.  It made me a better wife and mom, was a great stress reliever, and I had so much energy to play with my babies:) 

I ordered the 21 day fix next...I loved it!  Its the first program that I followed it to a t, I didn't miss a day.  Nutrition wise I did about 90%....I didn't drop any weight, but tons of inches. 
This is after T-25, and one round of 21 day fix!
 
This is after following the plan to a t!
 
 
I recently talked my husband into doing Insanity Max 30 with me, he prefers the gym usually.  He agreed and so we got a really great group of other couples to commit to it with us.  This group is honestly one of the most dedicated I have ever been in.  They are doing so awesome.  I can already tell a huge difference in my strength and muscle tone.  By far the hardest workout I have done to date!
 
My next challenge to myself is to do the 21 day fix extreme.  The trainer, Autumn Calabrese, uses her bikini competition meal plan and the workouts are much more intense.  I think I will be ready.  At this point its all about challenging myself with fitness.  I love the feeling of doing something I never thought I could or would do.  I cant wait to show you my Max 30 results, I will be posting about our progress!!  Please let me know if you want to be apart of one of my challenge groups.  We can talk about your goals and connect you with the best program for you, and the secret sauce....challenge groups!  Accountability is key!!!  You can always message me with any questions, jodesred@gmail.com
 
March Promotion:
 
I decided today that I would offer a little incentive to those that get a friend or friends to join our March 21 day fix challenge group.  For each friend that you get to join us, you will get a discount, if you get 4 friends your program will be paid for.  I wanted to think of a way to reach more women, and help as many ladies as we can, especially moms.  Plus if you surround yourself with others doing this with you success will happen!!  This honestly has changed my life, and so many of my friends lives...I would love to share that with you!  This is not a Beachbody promotion, this is just an offer that I am doing until Monday February 23rd.
 
 
 
 
Ok, ok...if you are just here for the tacos, here they are lol:)
 
 


-Chicken Tacos/Pulled Pork Tacos(Jodi Redfearn’s recipe)


Put 4-6 B/S Chicken Breasts in the crockpot/or a pork tenderloin, Spread some minced garlic on top of meat, Cut some red and green bell peppers and onions if you like and put on top, pour a jar of Salsa Verde, or your favorite Salsa over the chicken or Pork.  Cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 6-8 hours.  Shred the chicken/Pork and add back to the pot for 30 minutes on low.  Make tacos with corn tortillas, or lettuce cups.  Top with toppings that you like, avocado, guacamole, cheese, salsa, greek yogurt (subs as sc), onion, or anything that you want!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment